Children’s Business Fair
Basic Rules & Guidelines
• The Children's Business Fair (CBF) will establish a FIRM cap of participants based on location and resources.
• The CBF will take great care to limit the number of businesses in specific categories so as not to have too many similar business concepts.
• If an applicant’s business idea is similar to entries that were accepted before the applicant’s submission, the CBF will notify the applicant and provide the opportunity to resubmit a new application.
• Applicants must be between the ages of 6 - 16 on or before the APPLICATION OPEN date.
• All entries will be automatically entered in the business competition, and booths will be judged by local entrepreneurs on a variety of criteria, including most original business idea, highest business potential, and best presentation/creativity.
• No businesses requiring electricity or generators will be allowed.
• Each booth consists of a space for a 6 to 8 foot table. In most circumstances, the CBF will be able to provide some picnic tables - FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED. Table covers are not provided.
• No more than 3 participants per booth/business idea.
• Parents of younger children (9 YEARS OLD OR YOUNGER) may sit in their booth, but the children are to be responsible for setup, sales and interacting with the customers.
• This event is designed to give children a taste of selling a product. Please let them have that experience.
• Any parent seen selling to the customer or promoting the child’s product will result in disqualification from the competition.
Three judges will walk around the event to judge the various businesses on the following categories. Judges will ask questions about the KIDpreneur businesses and complete a checklist.
• Most Original Business Idea
• Highest Business Potential
• Best Presentation / Creativity
• Best Customer Service
One Winner chosen per catagory
Cash prizes totaling $50 per award category (to be split among the Children's Fair business owners)
will be presented at the conclusion of the fair.